It seems whenever we order a new Blackberry handset there is some form of failure – services aren’t fully applied or done in a timely fashion resulting in the Blackberry being out of sync or not accepting all services. I’ve documented the steps here that can be used to get the 8310 Curve working:
1) Ensure the service provider has enabled all services on the device – this is the most common problem for me….
2) Ensure that GPRS is functioning correctly. The GPRS text at the top right hand sign should be in CAPS
3) Go to Options -> Mobile Network ->Data Services and ensure that Data services are switched on.
4) Go to Advanced Options ->Host Routing Table. There should be a list of Routes. select the top route and click “Register Now”
5) Set up an email address at O2email.co.uk
6) Go into the EMail setup wizard on the handset and create a user account. This is a container for the email address.
7) When all steps are complete, if the handset is still not receiving email, log into the o2email.co.uk website from a PC browser. Send a new service book.
Hope this helps someone….